Casual Chef/ Casual Cook or Apprentice
The YOUNG AUSTRALIAN HOTEL is currently seeking a casual Chef/Casual Cook or Apprentice to join our team to assist our head Chef in our busy restaurant.
The successful applicant should enjoy working in a Team environment and have a passion for quality fresh food and presentation:
- Relevant formal qualifications/ Cooking Experience or an Apprentice
- Experience in a similar role or an Apprentice with a passion for quality fresh food and presentation
- A good understanding of kitchen operations
- Excellent attitude towards food quality and presentation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Willing and available to work day, night, weekend and split shifts (including some public holidays)
- Team player with a positive attitude, organised and focused
- Ability to take direction and adhere to policy and procedures
- A passion for the industry and culinary flair
- Reliable and presentable
- Work 20 + hours per week
- Own transport
Reporting to the Head Chef and Venue Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of managing the kitchen including ordering, stock control, food preparation and customer service. You will be responsible for ensuring that all food is served to the standard set by the chef and the hotel.
If you feel that you possess the required skills and experience for this position and are the right applicant for this role, please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.